THE DJ SHOP:
HOW WE PUMPED UP THE VOLUMES
The DJ Shop is an online retailer of electronic equipment.
A good experience online is always crucial, but it’s particularly important for this client. Their products are widely available elsewhere and they are not allowed to discount.
They need a clear digital strategy to attract sales and, as importantly, to convert them.
The DJ Shop was a business being held back by its website.
Online sales were running at about £100,000 per year on a 20% margin.
Due to poor link-building, the site had been penalised by Google. Result: a loss of organic positions.
Meanwhile, the client was spending £50,000 per year on Google Adwords, bringing 130,000 new customers to the site.
But… that started to look expensive when Google analytics showed that 57% of those visitors were leaving the site without ever getting beyond the home page.
We also found they had 37% of the market share of end-users searching for their products.
Their cost per acquisition was £69.
Their average cost per click was 39p.
WHAT WE DID
Over a period of a year, Love-Ecommerce.com designed and implemented a complete digital overhaul, which yielded rapid and measurable results.
- addressed the key task of restoring their organic position. Within a month we had successfully removed the Google penalty
- this increased site traffic by 500%.
- fine-tuned their Google Adwords account
- adjusted the keyword selection, adding Google Tag Manager; created a remarketing campaign; reworked all the ad groups; added ad extensions, call extensions and callout extensions; rewrote all the ad text copy and focused on making every product detail page enticing
- focused on the high rate of abandoned shopping carts and worked to bring those shoppers back
- rebuilt the online shop
- fired up the speed of the site by 300%.
Then we added:
- Social media: harnessing all the power of Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to help them increase their engagement
- A mobile friendly version of the site. Of their traffic, 48% comes from Android, iPhone and tablet devices.
WHAT WE ACHIEVED
Over a full 12 months of work, Love-Ecommerce has:
- Increased paid visitors by 30,000, with the same budget
- Increased their market share
- Reversed the bounce rate, now down to 47%
- Reduced their cost per acquisition
- Reduced their average cost per click
- Propelled sales from Google Adwords from £100,000 to £209,000
- Ensured the client reaps the rewards of organic traffic from positions in Google, with business worth £645,000
- Positioned the client to break through the £1m mark in sales.